Multiple tooth loss is a long and unpleasant process that starts with inadequate dental care or various oral cavity diseases. Each tooth plays an important role in helping to chew food easily and stabilize other teeth around. For this reason, loss of several teeth can cause various complications:
- Dental arch deformation, as well as dental occlusion or jaw joint problems occur;
- Even healthy teeth lose stability and support, so they can be lost afterwards;
- A jaw bone in the place of the missing teeth is not stimulated, so it starts to melt;
- It makes it much harder to chew food, causing digestive disorder and nutrient absorption;
- There is physical and psychological discomfort.
By restoring lost teeth, a dental bridge can be used to fill the gap between the lost teeth. However, this method has various minuses: it does not protect against jaw bone loss, and it is necessary to polish the adjacent and often completely healthy teeth, in order to attach this bridge.
This can be avoided using dental implants. This treatment consists of the following main steps:
- Consultation and treatment plan. During a visit to the doctor for the first time, the patient`s oral cavity is examined and doctor asks about complaints and expectations, general health and diseases. During this consultation, the doctor uses new technologies to effectively diagnose, teeth restoration options and develop a precise treatment plan.
- Threading implants and attaching temporary teeth. Local anesthesia is performed before the implant threading procedure and the patient does not feel discomfort. The duration of the procedure depends on the individual case and the number of teeth to be implanted. The temporary teeth can already be attached immediately after implant threading.
- Manufacture of permanent teeth. When implants are implanted, the patient`s dental impressions are taken and, with the help of modern dental technology, precisely accurate permanent teeth are designed. Materials can be selected according to the patient`s preferences and options (most commonly titanium or aluminum). Doctor will always listen to your needs and recommend the optimal option.
- Attaching permanent teeth to implants. After making new teeth – crowns or bridges – they can already be attached to implants. The patient can then enjoy a healthy and naturally-looking smile.
Implantation of several teeth – accurate precision, significantly shorter treatment time and possibility to recover lost teeth for the whole life.
Free Oral Surgeon consultation on Dental Implantation